Friday, August 11, 2017

Stylish 1920's Woman


I'm playing in the mini challenge in the new Createful Heart Digis and Designs FB Group using the Stylish 1920's Woman I received as a freebie to participate.  My original thought was to also enter the Outlawz Color Challenge which required 3 of 5 colors in an inspiration photo and make it vintage, but after I'd colored her, I couldn't find appropriate DP that would incorporate the 3rd color.  Right from the get go this modern gal reminded me of my great Aunt Bob (Barbara), who was quite independent woman of the 20's, never married and traveled the world, so I went a different route using cool paper from the Cityscapes Collection from Graphic 45.  



I still wanted to join in at the Outlawz, and Twisted Thursday, although always AG, called for a twist of layers and dimension so here's that shot.   I've lightened up the photo a bit to show the writing on the token, too.

Although the Mini Challenge on the Createful Heart FB Group ends today, the very first Createful Heart Blog challenge starts August 15th.  Be sure to follow and join in the fun.

I'm also adding this to the DL.Art August Linky Challenge, Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #63 AG, Jo's Scrap Shack #201 AG and the C.R.A.F.T AG challenge #428.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome card, love the colours and vintage look. Lovely details and papers.
    How wonderful to have a "maiden" Aunt who was adventurous, I would have thought she had lots of stories to relate.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that stylish lady from the 20's! Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the detail on your card! You met your challenge beautifully! Thanks for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack!
    Joyce, DT
    www.JoycesCreativeCrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Fun Day Friday. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fun, vintage feel of your lovely card! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This content is written very well. Your use of formatting when making your points makes your observations very clear and easy to understand. Thank you. best cutting board for meat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!