Thursday, August 17, 2017

Snowman Selfie for Some Challenges


I've been wanting to play with this adorable Christmas/Winter image from SheepSki Designs called Snowman Selfie for awhile now and decided that with just a few days left in the SheepSki FB July/August challenge I 'd better get my rear in gear.  There's also a July/August Paper Piecing Challenge at TTRCD and thought a number of the snowmen's hats would work well for that so I checked out my digi paper and went with a number of the colors from the Toasty Warm (knit) collection and Toasty Warm Neutral Collection from WR3 at the Stamping Studio.  I like using digi paper for paper piecing because you can change the scale of the pattern to suit your image, and as you can see, I've also used a larger version of the Toasty Warm Snowflake in Blue for the card background, as well.   The rest I've colored with Copics, even adding a bit of shading to the paper pieced areas.  The stitched mat die is from Gina Marie.  I've used the sketch from the current Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge and will also be adding this to the Outlawz Festive Fridays under the Christmas theme.


Here's the sketch. (It was all could do not to add embellies.  LOL)

I'll be back to add this to more challenges, but I've got to get cleaned up for a wine event tonight.  WooHoo!

I'm also entering this in the DL.Art August Linky Challenge, C.R.A.F.T #429 Christmas, Crafting with an Attitude #30 AG, Christmas at Sweet Stampin' August AG Christmas, The Holly and the Ivy #12 AG Christmas, Crafting From the Heart #114 AG, and Kerst/Christmas August FB challenge.

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Donna. I love this fun image. You are well on your way to getting ahead of the holiday rush. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said on the Outlawz, this is a wonderful magical card, I LOVE it and the colours are just perfect.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Donna! Your card is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the image, beautiful colouring and you've used my favourite blue/brown colour combo! Thank you for sharing your fabulous card at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this image and stunning colours.
    Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT.
    Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Christmas card thanks for sharing with us at Craft this time good luck in the draw and hope to see you joining our new challenge on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Christmas card.
    Thanks for sharing at CRAFT this week.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Very funny
    Thank you for joining our challenge in Crafting With An Attitude.
    Regards,
    BozenA DT CWAA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!